This week I’ll be sharing some pictures with you from one of our visits to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I say one of our visits because it is a place we love to travel to and get into nature.
Jackson Hole is a beautiful valley in western Wyoming near the Idaho border. We love to make the drive down through Yellowstone National Park and on into Grand Teton National Park. The area is absolutely amazing with geysers and rivers, bison and bears (wonderful to view from afar…DO NOT APPROACH THE WILDLIFE!) Why do I feel I need to add the last sentence? Because we have been shocked to see folks stopping their vehicles on the side of the road and trying to get the best selfie, they even have their kids with them. Not a good plan. These are wild animals in nature people. OK, enough of my lecturing we can move on now.
On the south end of the valley is the town of Jackson. This quaint little western town is home to several unique spots to eat. One of our favorites is Café Genevieve. Located in downtown Jackson about a half block from Town Square this place is terrific. Totally home cooking and delicious. They even serve breakfast until 3:00 pm we had plenty of time to hang out at our cabin without worrying about missing out on the morning menu.
This little restaurant is located in a log cabin that is on the National Register of Historic Places and was once home to Genevieve Van Vleck, a member of the 1920 “Petticoat Government”, the first all-female government in the United States (Jackson Town Council).
We love to camp when we visit Jackson Hole and often stay in the KOA Kamping Kabins near town. It’s nice to be able to drive in and all we have to do is make our beds and get supper on the table rather than having to set up a tent after a long day of adventure. We have tented in this location a few times in the past and it does get pretty chilly at night in the mountains so the cabin takes care of that issue as well.
As you can see from the pictures we love cooking over the fire and keeping our fun as rustic as possible. EJ likes nothing better than roasting hot dogs over the glowing charcoal and then moving on to making s’mores for us grown-ups.
There is so much to do and see on a visit to Jackson Hole and the national parks surrounding it that you could visit a number of times and not see everything there is to see. Another of the amazing spaces we love to visit in the western U.S.
I’m sure your family would love it there too!
For more Blogging Through the Alphabet Fun be sure to visit my amazing co-hosts:
- Amanda @ Hopkins Homeschool
- Kirsten @ DoodleMom Homeschool
- Jennifer @ A Peace of Mind
- Kimberley @ Vintage Blue Suitcase
- Christine @ Lifes’s Special Necessities
- Yvonne @ The Life We Build
- Dawn @ Schoolin’ Swag
- Wendy @ Life on Chickadee Lane
- Lori @ At Home: where life happens
- Kristen @ A Mom’s Quest to Teach
Or join us on our linky.
* Each post must be family friendly. If it is not, we have the right to remove it.
* When linking up to this post, you give us permission to share your post and/or a photo from your post in future posts and social media shares.
* Place the Blog Button from the site onto the post you are linking up.
* Use the hashtag #abcblogging when promoting your post. This will help us find you and help us promote you as well.
* If you have time, check out a few of the other posts and share the love.
* The most important rule is to make sure you are having fun! This is not something we want you to be stressed out over. We want to see all the fun ideas that everyone comes up with for the letters!