With it being October all thoughts are turning to Thanksgiving and Halloween. With this in mind, my recipes have taken that turn as well. Here is a fun little recipe I found on the Disney Family website. (I made a few little changes.)
Ursula’s Octopus Cupcakes
- Cupcakes (we used premade ones from our local Walmart, this works especially well when you are traveling but still like to make treats with the kids)
- Buttercream frosting (V2 coloured ours blue to look like the ocean)
- Round lollipops (I chose purple since Ursula is purple – tootsie pops worked nicely)
- Gummy worms (I found some premium gummy worms at the bulk store and was able to find purple and green ones to keep with the color scheme)
- Kitchen scissors
- Mini chocolate chips (we used eyes leftover from our turkey candy craft recipe)
Ice the cupcakes
For each octopus, insert the stick of a sucker into the center of a cupcake so that the candy rests just above the frosting (if the stick is too long, trim it first).
Use the kitchen scissors to snip four gummy worms in half lengthwise to end up with eight legs.
Press the tops of the legs into the frosting around the lollipop and arrange the ends so that they curve and dangle over the edge of the cupcake.
For eyes, use the tip of a toothpick to place two small blobs of frosting at the base of the lollipop and then press in two mini chocolate chips, tips down.
Voila, quick, easy, and fun for the kiddies to help out with.
Here’s a little slideshow showing the steps.
For more Blogging Through the Alphabet posts be sure to check out my co-hosts:
- Amanda @ Hopkins Homeschool
- Kirsten @ DoodleMom
- Jennifer @ A Peace of Mind
- Kimberley @ Vintage Blue Suitcase
- Desiree @ Our Homeschool Notebook
- Markie @ My Life as Mrs. Cooks
- Hilary @ Walking Fruitfully
Or check out our linky: